Tuesday, December 04, 2007

a newlywed Christmas lesson

The other night, Lisa and I set up and decorated our first Christmas tree as a married couple. After we strung the lights and took out the box of ornaments (thank you, Bruce and Morgan), Lisa was about to put a random, non-descript ball on the tree. I stopped her and said, "wait, since this is our first Christmas tree, shouldn't we put a special ornament on first?"

"Great idea!" she responded. We both reached for what we considered a "special" ornament.

She proceeded to grab an ornament that was given to us as a gift by a family member for our first tree (it has "The Pierces" and various glittery things on it).

I, on the other hand, had a slightly different definition of "special" and proceeded to grab my new Red Sox ornament.

Guess who got their ornament put on first? I have much to learn.

3 comments:

Ken said...

Danny, Danny, Danny... you lost the first "battle"!!! If you don't start winning them now it's going to be a looooong haul. Trust me I've been married 7 blissful years and it's because I win all the "battles".

Just kidding Lisa!! Also, I can say this because I don't believe my wife has the link to your blog!!!

Enjoy your first Christmas together!!

danny said...

Well, I displayed the Red Sox ornament front and center of the tree. Can that count as a silver lining?

Unknown said...

ken, just to clarify, it wasn't a battle. "The Pierces" ornament just had to be brought to danny's attention and then he himself said that it was much more appropriate for the first ornament tradition. i don't consider these battles, since we are now one we don't fight... it's more about me bring danny to correct views... which i'm sure your wife understands.